Kohll’s is pleased to offer a number of different Hospital Bed Mattresses from such well-respected manufacturers as Invacare, Drive Medical, Prius Healthcare, Skil-Care, Roho, Joerns and Convaquip. Types of hospital bed mattresses carried by Kohll’s include inner spring, foam, air filled and bariatric mattresses. For long-term hospital bed users, there are special alternating pressure relief mattresses that are designed to prevent and treat pressure wounds. Hospital bed mattresses are different from regular bed mattresses because they are specially designed to be flexible enough to move along with the hospital bed as it is adjusted, and they are generally covered with waterproof and antibacterial materials.
Some questions to ask before purchasing a hospital bed mattress are:
- How long each day does the patient use the bed?
- What are the patient’s long term needs?
- What level of comfort is needed by the patient?
- Is the patient at risk for falling off the mattress?
- How mobile is the patient?
- What kind of warranty comes with the mattress?
General categories of hospital bed mattresses include innerspring, foam, low air loss mattresses, alternating pressure mattresses, lateral rotation mattresses and bariatric mattresses.